Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Spring and a whole lot of catch up :)


Hello friends,
It's now April, so many things have happened in the last few months, good and bad but I guess that is the flow of life.  Let's begin with the December. Mickey and I got to spend a fun filled weekend in Branson with Garrett and Michelle. It started the Christmas season out great!


Christmas was wonderful as usual! My sweet Nephew and my brother and sister in law came to spend it with us.As well as my middle brother Peter



Getting to be there for Noah's very first Christmas was pretty awesome!



January brought about the new year and with it a chance to start over in the things I didn't do very well the year before :)


 February brought about the biggest snow storm Oklahoma has seen in many many years, ive been around for 28 years and I had never seen anything like it, our pipes froze and busted so Mickey spent day's trying to fix them. Made harder by the fact that no one could get around anywhere so no plumbing stores were open for a few days. That was a hard few days but alas my Mickey is amazing and our friend Bill too fixed them in a timely manor lol :)

We were getting worried when the snow hadn't melted yet and there was another storm on the way! We were planning to leave for Missouri for Noah's 1st birthday. You better believe there was alot praying going on that week!



 Thank heavens for a few sunny days, we made it there with a day to spare.. Cake and all!



Speaking of cake, I am going to show you how totally awesome and amazing my baker and very good friend Laura Talbot from mslaurascakes.com is!

This is a draft design I made of the cake I wanted for Noah's birthday (which was one of his gifts from me and his Uncle Ippy).
This is the actual cake Ms. Laura made for us!
Yes folks! She is that amazing! and with that I'm also going to say with the new year also came a chance of a lifetime for me! Laura being as great as she is has had many many cakes featured in the Brides of Oklahoma magazine.  She asked me in 2010 if I would like a chance to help her design the cake for the January copy for 2011 using sweet tarts as the inspiration! I almost fainted lol, I had such a wonderful time helping her come up with a few ideas! Then I had to wait quietly (cause you cant tell before it comes out) and patiently for MONTHS! So when I finally saw it in January! I screamed, like actually screamed like a little girl at a Justin Beiber concert! lol :) Hands down one of the coolest days of my life! I am so thankful for such a wonderful friend who thought of me to help her do something so COOL!



March was, and will continue to be one of the hardest months our family has gone through. My middle brother who has made many bad decisions under the influence of one of the worlds biggest problems (drugs). And in the course of those decisions was given a sentence of a few years in minimum security prison. I will not be embarrassed to say I have a brother in jail, because I know that he is a great person when not under the influence. We just have to believe that God knows the plan better than us, and in the long run this time will be a learning experience for him. We will all appreciate your prayers through this difficult time. As we continue to love him and want only the best for him.

April although going through serious family issues, we are celebrating the coming of our Niece who will be here in 2 weeks! I had the pleasure of throwing my sister in law a baby shower! It was so fun and crazy since I was so far away. You should have seen my small compact car packed to the brim, with lots and lots of stuff that had to travel :) The theme was Owls and Birds!









I had a wonderful time making fun stuff for Isabella's shower! I was the first one to find out that she was gonna be a girl in December. And I am honored to say that her middle name will be Brooklyn! hehehe...
Just 2 weeks away now and I am ready to meet her!

It's now the last week in April and I have been a busy bee with graduation announcements! SOO fun, although for the younger folks graduating from High School, they make me feel old lol

I had the pleasure of creating my best friends graduation announcements for her Bachelors in Science for Nursing! I am so proud of her!

along with getting ready for the end of school  and preschool graduation and lots of busy business going on :) My 2007 Jetta had catastrophic engine failure out of nowhere! Leaving us one car down and one on its last leg! Since Mickey has insisted to continue driving his ford ranger with 400,000 miles on it lol UG stubborn man :) And after a 2 week praying fast and a few answered prayers, I am stranded no longer! meet my new
crossover! She has been wonderul so far lol


Okay thats all ive got folks. Thanks for listening while I rambled on and on about the last 5 months of my life! You guys are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment