Saturday, June 4, 2011

4 Graduations, one sweet gift, a Birthday and a California trip

So, May was an extreme month for me! I had so much to do in so little time :) The end of school for the 2 families I take care of means studying for tests, end of the year banquets, contests, assemblies and graduation for the oldest of the 8!

                                               Maddy and Brayden before the Band Banquet

So Pretty!

Can't have a fun night without Philly Willy!!

For my preschoolers it meant endless hours of practice for our end of the year program! Let me set the scene for you on that, Imagine with me if you will, 17 three and four year olds a small stage and lots of parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles and lots of friends. Every year has its own funny moments, this year it was one of the cutest little boys announcing to everyone that he had to "PEE"! LOL, like I said it can get pretty funny but I must say they were all little troopers and did so well, they learned all of their songs and sang them loudly for everyone to hear!

My very Bestest friend Graduated from nursing school with her BSN! I'm so proud of her! I was really excited for the big day just as she was.. 1. because I love her and I knew it was big deal for her, and 2. because the whole Blandamer family was coming in from all over.. And boy do I just LOVE those folks lol :) My best Alabama friend was here for almost a week!!!


There were so many flashes going on I think we are all looking at someone different and smiling! lol Mickey and I are so proud of Diane!


My Alabama Best Friend Marissa, the Graduate :) and MUAH!

 My second family! The Blandamers/ Wilson with the duggers added :)
 Diane, Travis, Doodle and Shaney
Marissa and Kevins Family! Jacob, Ethan and Julianna with Aunt Diane.
Also during that week, Madison (our Doodle) was baptised. The whole family was there to see her make such a big decision in her life. Needless to say. Mickey and I are very proud of her! Us along with the rest of her family :) lol.
Now she and the kids are off enjoying a fun filled and well deserved vacation in Hawaii where her mom and Dad John and Midge and Nanny LIVE! Just thought I would share with you some pics she sent me! Wish I was there!!


Diane and Doodle on the beach in Hawaii :) I MISS YOU GUYS!! 432

On May 13, the day before my own Birthday my very Sweet, Beautiful Niece was born! We left at 4:30am and drove to Nevada, and got there just as they brought her into the nursery.. Perfect timing to see the most perfect baby girl I had ever laid eyes on!
                                                          Introducing Isabella Brooklyn
                                                    Noah meeting his baby sister!
                                                      Aunt Brookie and Isabella Brooklyn

                                              Aunt Brookie and Uncle Ippy saying goodbye
      Pretty in Pink

   The most Beautiful Baby Girl in the WORLD! and Aunt Brookie's best birthday gift EVER!

It was really hard saying goodbye, but I had to get back for Preschool graduation the next day. Like I said Preschool graduation went great. That Friday the oldest of my families Brayden graduated from High School I'm having a hard time coming to grips with that! lol. I along with lots of family and friends are so proud of the man he has become! And I know we can all speak for his Mom when we say she was always so proud of him and knew how special he is. He is planning to attend O.B.U. in the fall! I know we are all going to miss him around here, but thankfully he is only about an hour and half away from home!

Will, Maddy, Brayden, Grant and Jim

                                                            Maddy and her Big Brother
                                                         My Wise Guys, Girl and Buss :)
    Brayden and I the first of 8 to graduate! 

The very next day at 4:00am Mom, Monmon and I packed up and left for the airport to fly to California!
                                    
 We had come up with the plan months ago to surprise my Cousin J.D. since he was graduating also. My Aunt Lala and Uncle Mark had the great task of keeping this huge secret from him and Alex for a LONG time! I am terribly afraid of flying so that was an experience. I will say I cried a little on the way up! lol.. Mickey had to work so he stayed home, our trip lasted 10 days. It was the longest Mickey and I had ever been apart!

This was the first text that popped up on my phone when I landed in Las Vegas on our first stop. It almost made me cry lol

 The boys were both shocked. We got to surprise them separately so that was really fun! J.D. graduated as a Valedictorian with Suma Kum Laude honors along with lots of other honors from Paraclete High School! We are so proud of him!

                                                        Ya, he seriously has a LOT of cords
                                                      Monmon, Mom, J.D. and Aunt LaLa
                                                     Monmon waiting to see J.D. walk out
                                                        Graduation on the baseball field
                                                                  Everyone say cheese!
                                                                       I LOVE this pic!
                                              Brothers don't shake hands... Brothers HUG!
                                                        This picture is why we came!
                 Have you ever notice the person with the camera always misses out on the family pics! lol
                                     
J.D., Me and Alex
                                                               
Alex was still in school, but I got to spend lots of time with him in between! He is a fantastic artist! We will be making another trip to California in 2 years when he graduates.

  
                                     
Aunt Donna and Uncle Randy drove 5 hours from Santa Cruz to stay the week too! They stopped on the way and bought about 10 pounds strawberries! They were the best strawberries I had ever eaten in my LIFE! and they were HUGE!!

      J.D. drove Alex and I all week, and he introduced me to a whole new genre of music, I came home to download about 12 different bands!! I love that him and Alex love music like me!!!! Every drive was great!
                      coming home from watching Pirates of the Caribbean 4. Driving in the Antelope Valley

      Mom made friends with the craziest dog since RUBY... this is Angel she's scared of everything :)
Me enjoying the Cali Sun. But I think I enjoyed a little to much. As of right now I am just starting to peel after about 4 days of soaking my legs in black tea and aloe!

                       Cute little lizzard, sitting outside of the house! Those little guys are everywhere!
 scary cactus!
           I dont know what these trees are called but they are really freaky and grow straight up in the air

Me kickin up my feet on the back patio!
 On our last day, just about to leave for LAX to come home! Sad to leave my family, but sooo excited to go home to Mickey!
Me, J.D. and Monmon

On the Plane about to leave on our last leg home from Denver international. I watched my luggage being loaded mine is the turquoise one :)

We had a wonderful time in California! the ride home was a bit scary as we went over the Colorado Rockies. I had never experienced turbulence.. It was the scariest thing I had ever been apart of!!! I cried lol lol.. I was never so happy to touch down in Tulsa! I told my mom I knew as soon as we flew into Oklahoma because everything was so green just like I like it! Mickey was waiting for me as soon as I got of the plane..
I am happy to be back in my own bed and while I was gone Mickey cleaned out the pool and got it ready and surprised me by fixing up one of our guest rooms upstairs. Him and my really awesome dad in law worked extra hard and made it look so beautiful :) I have the best husband in the world!

Now to start my actual vacation! I think I will be making good use of our pool these next few days. Mickey and I are going to start putting up trim in the living room, getting ready for a massive yard sale before the Oklahoma heat is to much to fight lol, and very soon I will be taking a few trips to Nevada for awhile to hang out with my family and spend some time quality time with Noah and Bella Brooklyn. And in between just enjoying the summer with friends :)
                                                              



No comments:

Post a Comment