Thursday, November 25, 2010

30 Days of Thanks


Soo. My intentions at the beginning of this month was to post one thing a day on Facebook that I am thankful for like all of my other friends lol.

But me being flaky in my day to day FB posting that didn’t work out so cut to me delivering my 30 days of Thanks all together!

Day 1- I am thankful for Music, everything about music any kind all kinds.. Well for the exception of polka, or death metal.. Oh and Blues ( but that may just be a symptom of being over exposed in childhood lol). I just know that in all aspects of my life music is there, you know when you hear a song and it takes you back to sometime in your life.. Like your very own soundtrack. Chopin always makes me happy, even when I’m sad. When I’m slacking Jay-Z can always make me get stuff done lol, Skillet just generally makes me happy.. As you can see my love of Music is very eclectic!


Day2- I am thankful for the friends in my life through the years that have inspired me to do things I never thought I could do. Laura T. -I’ve spent years watching you be the best business woman ive ever known you inspired me to start my own business, you always have time for me and have given me so many ideas and tips not to mention one of the very best friends I’ve ever had. Pippy- you have giving me strength to get through some of the toughest things in my life and you probably didn’t even know, I watched you fight some pretty tough battles like a graceful pit-bull lol and seeing you do that made me want to be stronger. Diane- HAHA.. You know you are betty crocker with guns who just keeps going like the energizer bunny. It’s not just your extreme will to get stuff done but I also hope I can someday be the kind of mom you are to Shaney and Doodle I love you sooo much!!. Michelle- you inspire me to be a better Girl for God, you have so many talents and love your ministry and the best momma to my nephew! Marrissa- you are so amazing! With your strength to not let ANYTHING.. Stop you from living your life!
Gael- your perseverance over the last 5 years has been more than an inspiration it’s a life lesson. Your love for humanity is a force to be reckoned with J Valerie- you know you’re my sunshine my only sunshine you make me happy when skies are grey.. You’ll never know dear how much I love you.. Oh.. Wait I just told you.. Your smile inspires me to shine a light and pass it in, because you never know how much one smile and a kind word can make someone’s day worth it. There are so many many more of you, lol but day 2 is becoming a book so I will just say… to all of my friends past and present who are forever a part of my heart and life. I love you all!


Day 3- I am thankful for my iphone.. Yes I said it, and you all know you are too lol


Day 4- I am thankful for my pre-school kids! Every year I meet another extraordinary group of 3 and 4 year olds. I’m convinced that these children will be our world leaders someday lol.. I love pass ing on to them a love of music hoping it will be as helpful to them as it is to me.


Day 5- I am thankful for my favorite OBU hoodie.. The one I stole from my little brother like.. 5 years ago it makes me soo happy!


Day 6- I am thankful for Books, or even more I am thankful for my love of reading. It’s like music, I love them all..


Day 7- I am thankful for my brother in law, he makes me laugh and stands up for what he believes in. He also is a teacher who cares about his students.. And that’s something everyone should be thankful for!


Day 8- I am thankful for missionaries because they give up so many things to spread they word of God to people who may never hear it otherwise. They seriously take up their cross and follow where God takes them.


Day 9- I am thankful for our home, our very.. Own.. Home.. Our cool in the summer, warm in the winter home, that will one day.. Be the home we raise our kids in.


Day 10- I am thankful I live in America where I can be free to learn, worship, vote and many many other things others will never get the opportunity to do.


Day 11- I am thankful for the Veterans who serve to keep our country safe. Men and women who spend time away from their own families to keep it that way. They sacrifice so much for us and for that I am grateful.


Day 12- I am thankful for creative people who do and make creative things I can see and buy lol


Day 13- I am thankful for the chance to have known Sherry Wise I think about her all the time, and even more during the holidays. My life has been forever changed by her friendship.


Day 14- I am thankful for my Piano, it has been passed down to me and I have lots and lots of memories from it.


Day 15- I am thankful for my the ministry my youngest Brother Garrett and my sister in law Michelle share with their youth kids. God called and they both answered. They are BEAST at sharing God with the ones who need it most. It’s amazing and I am blessed just to say they are apart of my family!


Day 16- I am thankful for HOPE.. Hope that endures another day, Hope that conquers sickness, Hope that one day what you have been dreaming and praying about will come true.


Day 17- I am thankful for the best grandparents in the world, not every kid gets to grow up like that. And I am so thankful my brothers and I did. I can’t even imagine my life without their influence in it.


Day 18- I am thankful for God’s promise of Forgiveness and mercy. Because lets face it. Where would we be without that. I’m thankful that we can use it in everyday life to forgive and ask forgiveness from one another.


Day 19- I am thankful for my Nephew.. OH MAN.. I am really really thankful for Noah, he has opened up apart of my heart that I didn’t even know was there. LOL.. I love being an Aunt and I can’t wait to meet my next niece or nephew soon.


Day 20- I am thankful for my Wise Guys and girl and Buss.. LOL.. Jim: who works so hard to always makes sure the kids have what they need and want, who somehow can always be in 4 places all at the same time and always has a great since of humor J Brayden: always.. Stands up for what he believes, and is so funny! Will: is persistent and is caring in his own way while still trying to be cool.. I’m pretty sure he’s gonna be the next Labron James.. Well a slightly paler and shorter Labron James lol.. Grant: is one of the sweetest kids Ive ever known he makes me laugh till I cry and has the best outlook on life ive ever seen.. For heaven sakes the boy smiles at his ice-cream cone while he eats it J and my MadelineRiley: She brightens my day everyday, she stands for what she knows is right no matter the cost, she makes me laugh so hard I walk around with a tummy ache! She has always been and always will be a very special gift in my life, I’ve known her since she was born, I can only hope one day I will have a daughter who has those qualities and loves her family as much as Maddy loves hers. These 4 kids give my life an extra special dose of blessing everyday. They are my family and I love them all soooo much!!


Day 21- I am thankful for my Monmon , she has taught me so much.. Like how to cook stuff and how to sew and how to have fun in the car on 10 hour long road trips and how to burp the star spangled banner LOL.. She’s gonna kill me if she ever finds out I put that one out there lol!!


Day 22- I am thankful that my brother Peter decided to take control of his life and get help for himself by going to rehab.


Day 23- I am thankful for second chances


Day 24- I am thankful for the Nichols Family.. Gael, Therron, Jake, Katie, Will and Jessa and an assorted herd of animals big and small lol I have spent 12 years of my life with them. The time spent there has been some of the best experiences in my life.. I learned how to bottle feed a calf, and goats. I learned that when horses get out of the pin and are on the road if I drive my car slowly while the kids hold out buckets of feed out of the window they horses will follow lol, I learned you don’t say… KIDS.. Get in the car when the goats are out their pins.. LOL because the will mistake themselves for the actual kids and get in your car! I learned rabid dogs and Chickens don’t make a good coupling, I learned not to play hide and seek with a sleepy little girl cause she will fall asleep in her hiding place and you will call her mom crying because you “lost” her daughter when really she’s asleep under the pillows! I learned you have to check the pockets of a little boy who loves everything creepy and crawly or you will be scraping earthworms out of the washer, I learned that when 2 years turns into 5 of waiting for someone so special that God gives strength to the broken, courage to keep going another day, hope that it will happen and joy when the call finally comes. Then after it does.. You learn that Twinkle Twinkle little star is really sung like this.. “Twinkle Twinkle little star how I want you sing with me” that we don’t say gimmie we just say please, that little girls who love noodles also love cuddles, ladybugs, kitty cats, Elmo cakes and her family... And I am sooo thankful for all of that knowledge.. LOL


Day 26- I am thankful for family I can call friends and friends I can call family.


Day 27- I am thankful for Stephenie Meyer LOL.. You all know you are too J


Day 28- I am thankful for the promise that the sun always comes up after the dark and the hope that this spring will when we start our infertility process again it will work.

Day 29- I am thankful for my husband. Mickey is the better half of me. We have spent 11 years together, we have pretty much grown up together at least in the becoming adults kinda way lol. He has been the steady rock of support through all the happy, sad, stressful, exciting times never swaying in any situation. His glass is always half full no matter what happens. He makes me laugh, smile and want to be a better wife for him. He works so hard everyday to provide for us. I’m so blessed God made him just for me. I know that one day when he gets the chance he will be the best daddy because of the way he loves. And I am just so…. VERY.. Thankful.

Day 30- I am thankful for a Father who gave his one and only Son to save us from our sins. A father who sent his son as a baby to this Earth to live and then die for us. I would not have anything to be Thankful for if it was not for him. My life would be void of meaning or hope without the love of God.
So for a Heavenly Father I am beyond Thankful. I’m undeserving of such a gift but so happy he gave me the chance to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment